JAPAN TOURIST VISA REQUIREMENTS
- Philippine Passport
- Broken passport is not accepted. Passports must be signed and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- Visa Application Form
- Application form should be filled out all items correctly, If item is not applicable, please fill in [N/A]. Embassy may not accept application with blank item, no signature or no date in the form; may deny the application that is filled out incorrectly or wrong information.
- Specs: 4.5cm x 4.5cm, with white background
- Photo must be taken within 6 months
- Please write applicant’s name and birthdate on back side of the photo
- Photo must be pasted on the application form.
- Birth Certificate
- It must be issued within one year from PSA Main Office/Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide)
- If the birth certificate from Philippine Statistics Office (PSA) is unreadable, or has incomplete information, please submit the birth certificate issued by PSA together with a birth certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar
- If the birth certificate is “late registration”, please submit in addition, a baptismal certificate and school record (Form 137) from high school or elementary and School Yearbook (if possible)
- If there is no record in PSA, please submit a “Certificate of Non-Record” from PSA together with a birth certificate from the Local Civil Registrar
- Marriage Certificate (if the applicant is married)
- It must be issued within one year from PSA Main Office/Serbilis Outlet Center (Nationwide).
- In case there is no record in PSA, please submit a “Certificate of Non-Record” from PSA together with the Marriage Certificate from the Local Civil Registrar
- Daily Schedule in Japan
If applicant will shoulder part or all of his/her travel expenses
- Bank Certificate
- Validity of Bank Certificate is three (3) month from the date of issue
- Applicant’s Income Tax Return (Form 2316) clear Photocopy (latest)
If Guarantor who lives in the Philippines will shoulder part or all of the applicant’s travel expenses
- Guarantee Letter
- Proof of relationship between applicant and guarantor (e.g. Birth Certificates etc.)
- Bank Certificate (original) and Income Tax Return (ITR Form 2316) (clear Photocopy) of Guarantor
If Applicant is not a Philippine passport holder
- Foreign residents with long-term or permanent status in the Philippines applying for a visa must submit, in addition to the above requirements (except birth and marriage certificates), a copy of their Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Philippine government.
- Visa application of foreigners who are on short-term (temporary) visa in the Philippines cannot be accepted. Please apply at the Japanese Embassy /Consulate General with jurisdiction over the area in which the applicant resides or over the country of which the applicant’s passport was issued.
- Visa Assistance Fee – P1,800 per person
- Process Time: 3-5 working days
- Size of document for application should be A4 size only. If document is other size, please submit copy that is already adjusted in A4 size from its original and without staples or pasting pages.
- Applicants are exempted from submitting (4) and (5) Indicated above if they can submit old/valid passports with used Japan visa.
- It is applicant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she meet the requirements for the grant of a visa. Submission of any supporting documents not listed above is encouraged (e.g. applicant’s economic or social ties with the Philippines, urgent reasons for visit: medical certificate, wedding invitation).